Monday, November 3, 2014

A Warm Bed No More

We have been dating for just about a year and this person is exceptional. But Homelessness and dating really doesn't mix well - at least in my head. But still, I wish to be with this person at least, sometimes.

Today I worked on my art most of the day and then to prepare for a date, I gave myself a "whore's" bath, put on a change of clothes and headed out to be with my "friend".

After a dinner of Mushi Pork and Sweet and Sour Chicken, we snuggled to a movie. My doggy, Lucy, right in the middle - she basked in the warmth and affection shared.

I fell to sleep spooning a warm body close but only to awake with a start at midnight. I almost felt as though I could not breath and rushed outdoors to breathe the frigid cold air there.


I needed to get out of that warm house, away from the warm bed, those warm arms. My only regret was for Lucy as I walked her to the car and drove into the night.

I have this feeling that has been nagging at me - the voice now weak, I almost do not hear it anymore. "Find a place to live." I think I prefer the Homelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment